Sunday, April 24, 2011

Yurtopia

The Wandering Zepps are still wondering.  That is, wondering how in the hell exactly to turn this dream (of mine) into a reality.

We spent the weekend in Asheville, NC, attending a yurt building workshop given by Laurel Nest Yurts (www.laurelnestyurts.com). Actually, it wasn't so much about the workshop as it was about staying in a yurt and trying to win D over to the idea of living in one, ultimately.

No, I haven't given up my RV dream.  I just think I need to work in stages.  First, find somewhere cheap to stay and store our furniture while we sell our house. (Yurt.)  Then, purchase RV after house sells.  Take off in RV, but have some place (yurt) to come back to when we get the urge to come back.

And OK, if I have to be honest, while the idea of traveling around in a RV does appeal to me, the more important thing to me is spending more time with D & B.  The next more important thing is finding something I'm actually passionate about to earn money doing.

Suffice it to say, I am *not* passionate about what I do today.

In fact, if I think too much about the fact that I have to go to work tomorrow my stomach will begin hurting.  I've never been exactly thrilled about my choice of careers--I'm definitely not doing what I thought I'd be doing when I "grew up" (whatever THAT means)--but I've also never actively dreaded my job.  And I actively dread my job these days.  Because not only is the job itself mind-numbing and frustrating, but the person I work for is also mind-numbing and frustrating.  And in charge of my bonus.

Not exactly a combination that elicits passion and drive.  At least not from me.

However, I could see myself getting passionate about yurts.  But more on that later.  My Momdar tells me that the elder kids are getting ready to get into some sort of mischief.  Must investigate.

No comments:

Post a Comment