Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Update

No, the Wandering Zepps have not simply wandered off. I've just been avoiding any real discussion because of all of this reality crap.

The reality of selling a house in a crappy market. The reality of needing some place to live while we try to sell the house because otherwise the house will look like a huge shithole whenever anyone comes to look at it. The reality of deciding which route to take. Etc.

What I've come up with so far is this: 1) Build a yurt. (If you don't know what a yurt is, visit http://laurelnest.com/ and educate yourself). 2) Put house up for sale. 3) Sell house. 4) Continue to stomach current job situation long enough to pay off bills. 4) Check out (which includes buying the RV and cruising for a few years).

Unfortunately, it's easy to get caught in everyone's "Oh, you must be crazy!" reaction and second-guess oneself. I have to constantly remind myself that one must really be the change one wants to see if one truly wants to see it. (Wow, that was a lot of ones! Did that sound awkward?)

Bottom line, I want out. And I want out now. Time keeps on ticking, ticking, ticking, into the future...

A quick shout out to my girlfriend Rayna, who is dealing with the impending death of her mother. The whole thing just fucking sucks and I wish I could do something to alleviate her grief.

No comments:

Post a Comment